Thursday, January 1, 2015

Here's to Smarter Days Ahead



It’s hard to believe another year has come and gone.  With each new year I like to reflect on the past one and make a plan. 

But I don’t always call my plans resolutions.  For me, a new year’s resolution can feel like too much pressure. 

Instead I like to think about how to make life better, how to be healthier and happier.   And I don’t just do that at New Year’s. I try to do it all year.

So this is a big year for me - this year I will turn 50.  And, except for the occasional backache, I have to say I feel pretty fortunate. I can still do everything I want physically. 

Actually I don’t even feel 30.  And most people don’t guess my age.

Now here comes the but …

Upon reflecting on how I have felt this past year I have to say my memory is not what it used to be.  You might think, “Well whose is,” right?  And I have shrugged it off many times. Yet, I know it doesn’t have to be that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment